6 Steps to Choose Best Hybrid Solar Inverter in 2021
The hybrid solar inverter has become an essential tool so that the energy received by the solar panels is transformed into the type of energy you need to charge your cell phone or turn on your appliances. For this reason, today we will tell you everything you need to know about solar inverters and how they work.
What is a Solar Inverter?
A hybrid solar inverter is an element that, thanks to basic current and electricity postulates, transforms sunlight into usable electrical energy for home or office consumption. This is why it is important when installing solar panels, because without this component nothing could be achieved.
To understand the operation of the solar inverter, it is necessary to first understand two terms associated with this process that you have surely heard of before: alternating current and direct current.
This type of current occurs when the flow of electricity occurs in a variable way during regular spaces in time. This means that it is a type of cyclical current used in homes and apartments to transmit electrical energy to household appliances.
Direct hybrid solar inverter Current
The direct current comes in the same direction constantly. It works in a circuit and is present in batteries of devices such as flashlights, or in this case, photovoltaic cells.
Solar Inverter Operation
Technically, the hybrid solar inverter works by transforming direct current into alternating current. Solar panels come up of inverters or photovoltaic cells that produce energy as direct current. Subsequently, the solar inverter is responsible for converting that energy into alternating current.
In this way, the alternating current will be used in the home for the connection and use of electrical appliances such as the refrigerator, the washing machine or the blender. This is how a home is supplied with electricity in an environmentally friendly way, making the most of solar resources.
Where to find hybrid solar inverter at low price?
From the web, you can find low consumption appliances. If you are interested in learning more about self-consumption photovoltaic installations, sign up for our next online training.
For any additional information to help you with your photovoltaic installation, do not hesitate to contact us. We can offer you hybrid solar inverter for each of the installation phases (purchase of equipment, engineering, installation, legalization)
For more information, you can also watch the following video on how to configure a grid-connected self-consumption photovoltaic installation.
If you have found it interesting and you think this post may interest more people, feel free to recommend or share.
What are the main functions of a hybrid solar inverter?
The main functions of a hybrid solar inverter, based on the above, are four: converting the current; optimize the production of solar panels; track system operation and protection against abnormal operations; and constant operation under different conditions.
- Convert current:Generally, transform direct current into alternating current.
- Optimize the system:Moreover, it increases the production of solar panels individually.
- Monitoring and protection:Monitoring of the performance of electrical activity and indicative signs of trouble and mechanisms for their protection.
- Constant operation:Ability to operate in different conditions of humidity, atmospheric dirt and temperature.
What basic characteristics does a photovoltaic inverter have?
Any photovoltaic inverter has a series of electrical specifications, among which we can highlight:
- Nominalvoltage: voltage of the inverter input terminals.
- Nominal power:Power that the inverter can supply continuously
- Overloadcapacity: Ability to supply considerably more than nominal power and how long it can sustain it.
- Start-up input voltage: Minimum input voltage for the inverter to start pouring in energy.
- Maximum MPPvoltage: Similarly, maximum power tracking voltage.
- Minimum MPPvoltage: Minimum maximum power tracking voltage.
- Maximum inputcurrent: Maximum current at which the inverter can operate.
- Efficiency / performance:Percentage ratio between the input and output powers of the inverter (it depends on the number of electrical appliances that come by the inverter in relation to their nominal power).
- Input voltage range:Maximum direct current voltage (VDC) supported by the inverter. If this exceeds, the inverter breaks down.
What types of solar inverters are there?
In photovoltaic energy we can differentiate solar inverters into two main types:
- those designed for grid connection (or self-consumption)
- and those manufactured for isolated installations (with batteries) .
The hybrid solar inverter collects electricity from the solar panels and into a type of wave identical to the network where they connect. Thus, we can consume the energy in the home or business and also pour it into the electricity grid for sale or compensation. If the inverter does not detect the grid, it will not be able to generate electricity.
Within this type of investor, we find different options:
Solar Micro inverters
They have little power and work at the individual panel level, that is, one installed in each hybrid solar inverter individually (or for every two).
Generally, it connects solar panels in series, so that what affects one affects all. Moreover, you can have multiple inputs with MPP to divide the installation and make it more efficient.
Inverter with optimizers has the benefits of hybrid solar inverter power optimization and economic advantage of string
Central solar inverter
For large installations (greater than 100kW); they generally have a single MOO of photovoltaic modules.
What should I take into account to choose the right invertor?
To choose the photovoltaic inverter that best suits us, either for our home or for our company, we must take into account a series of questions that we summarize below.
Calculation of our consumption
In order to calculate the type and size of the installation we want, we need to know the consumption that we are going to have to ensure that we have enough equipment to satisfy said consumption.
Type of installation
Apparently throughout the article, another element to attend to is whether our installation is going to connect or not, since depending on this we will need one type of solar inverter or another.